YouLi - Powering GA4 Streams
WHAT YouLi DELIVERED THIS UPDATE
🙌🙌 GA4 Data Streams - cross them today!
Google is shutting down Universal Analytics in July 2023. Why should you care?
So we have enabled the option to track your Trip Page traffic via GA4. Keep reading to learn how to ensure cross-domain tracking within the same stream.
(You can still track with Google Analytics UA until they turn it off in 2023)
1. Setup your GA4 Data Stream Measurement ID
Depending on your situation, we suggest 3 options:
- Don't have a data stream and just want to track YouLi Trip Pages?
- Just create a data stream with the correct domain from below
- RECOMMENDED: Do you have a stream for your website and want to track your Trip Pages in the same stream?
- Be sure to setup cross-domain tracking on your existing stream
- Jump directly to the video section that covers this case
- Do you have a stream for your website that you want tracked separately from your Trip Pages?
- Create a new data stream with the correct domain from below and use THAT measurement ID in YouLi (instead of your current stream)
1a. Configure your domains
Click into the stream, then scroll to "Configure tag settings":
Then scroll to "Configure your domains":
Then enter your domains.
Which domain(s) to add?
2. Simply click to ACCOUNT -> SITE SETTINGS
3. Scroll to GA4 Web Stream Measurement ID (Preferred)
4. Click SAVE CHANGES
5. Create traffic on your Trip Pages and watch for it in your GA4 account (analytics.google.com)
WARNING: Preview As Registered will NOT show in Analytics (by design). So be sure to view a public SHARE TRIP LINK or VIEW AS a registered traveler.
The data SHOULD appear in real-time (right away). But if you don't see it right away, check back in a few hours. Sometimes the data can take up to 24-48 hours before it appears. If you still have an issue after that time, you can book a consulting call and we'll help you sort it out.
Need help setting up GA4?
😎😎 Trip Page Maps are now optional - show them only when relevant
I love maps, but they aren't always what you need.
Maps will be OFF by default on new trips but remaining on for existing trips (unless otherwise requested).
If the map is distracting, then simply turn it off.
1. Simply click to your Trip, then UPDATE TRIP (pencil) -> OVERVIEW:
2. Scroll Down to PRIMARY LOCATION
3. Check/Uncheck the "Show Map on Trip Page" & SAVE
👉🧐👈🏾 Bug Fixes & Enhancements
- Completing task blocked by keyboard in Mobile App properly FIXED - thanks to Danielle @ WHOA travel for reporting
Loving YouLi? UPGRADE TO PRO
Not sure how to navigate SEO, website integration, Tour Series, Xero integration, etc?
Grab your 1:1 session starting at US$80.