How-To Add a New Trip Coupon to Your Trip
Adding a trip coupon is easier than ever now that you can add it right from your trip dashboard!
- Start by clicking to MANAGE TRIP COUPONS
- Select ADD COUPON
- Fill in the coupon information
- Click on ADD to save the coupon
- The "CODE" CANNOT be updated after you create the coupon, so be sure to double-check that it is correct.
- Be sure to update the instructions on the Trip Page - if you want to offer the coupon on the page, you are welcome to do so.
You can have more than one coupon active at once, but coupons can only be applied by travelers to trips in BOOKINGS mode.
- Once you get customers registering with coupons, you'll see this in your Activity Feed and in the Manage Payments tab.
Managing Coupon Codes
- After creating coupon codes, you can edit the activation and expiration dates and the amount. This is easy to do within your MANAGE TRIP COUPONS tab.
The filter drop-down allows you to filter your view, on the fly. Use this to stay organized and ensure only coupons you want travelers to use, are active.
- Click on the EDIT button to update the details of your coupon
- Click on the DELETE button to delete the coupon
Notify your Travelers
If you are introducing a secret coupon, use your private channels to notify people. However, if you are promoting at large, then you should update the "message in popup after registration" (which you can find under UPDATE TRIP -> SETTINGS) to look like this:
- Be sure to check the box so the message shows as a popup after registration.
- Update the text to explain the terms of your coupon (i.e. expiration date!) and the code so they can copy and paste it, easily.
- Don't forget to make the text suitable even after the coupon has expired OR come back and update on the expiration date.
How coupons work for a traveler
- After a traveler registers for the trip by providing their name, email, and consent to your terms, they will be prompted to pay.
- During checkout, they will see a box to enter the coupon code and click 'APPLY.'
3. Once they click APPLY, it will appear on their invoice, but it will not be permanently applied unless they pay at least one installment.
4. Once paid, they will see the discount applied on their invoice and you'll get a confirmation email of the payment.
5. The COUPON discount is applied to the total, not to the deposit amount, so the full deposit will be charged when the coupon is redeemed. Additionally, the amount for all other visible installments, following the deposit, will not reflect the coupon discount, instead, it will be applied to their FINAL installment, the balance. But don't worry! While their balance isn’t visible to them, your traveler will accurately see what they owe, minus the coupon under "Amount Owing" on their invoice.
Because this is a new feature, it does has a few limitations:
- Only one coupon per booking - so even if more than one person registers, they will only get the coupon applied once. They will need to book separately to use multiple coupons, or you can create a special "couples offer" coupon.
- The discount is a fixed amount, not a percentage
- The coupon CANNOT be removed once a payment is made
- Coupons can only be added to individual trips. Contact YouLi support if you would like to add a coupon to work across all your trips